The Data We Collect
When you visit the site we collect a variety of different data:
This includes your web browser, operating system, device model, IP address, time zone and geographic data, and some of the cookies that are installed on your browser or device.
As you navigate the site, we collect information on your general interaction with the site including individual web pages or products visited, search queries made on the site, as well as what website or search term referred you to the site.
When you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the site, we collect certain information from you including: your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (we do not hold your credit card numbers), email address, phone number, items purchased, and total order cost.
If you agree to subscribe to our newsletter either via our site popup, site footer signup form, or by agreeing to receive email marketing from us on the checkout (all optional) we will store information such as your name and email address. Subscribers are able at any point to withdraw consent by using the unsubscribe link on each marketing email sent or to contact us.
How we use your data
Your data is used in the following circumstances:
- When we need to process and fulfill an order
- When we have your consent
- When it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Technical data is used to:
- Screen orders for potential risk and fraud
- Analyse and improve our site. Technical data allows us to understand what technologies are being used used to view our site. We use this information to make improvements to the design and implementation of the site, and therefore improve the user experience.
Browsing data is used to:
- Analyse and improve our site. We are able to see what sites and search terms are referring users to our website. We also can understand what pages and products are viewed the most. This allows us to make improvements to our product offering, and the design and implementation of our site with the intention of improving user experience.
Order data is used for the processing and fulfillment of orders including:
- Screening orders for potential risk of fraud
- Processing your payment information
- Arranging shipping
- Providing you with order confirmations and updates.
- If you choose to accept marketing emails at checkout (optional), then we will also use your email to send you our newsletter.
Marketing data is used to send newsletters to users who have signed up either through our site popup, site footer signup form, or by agreeing to receive email marketing from us on the checkout (all optional).
Sharing Your Data
We share your data with third parties in order to process and fulfill orders, analyse user data to improve site performance, and for targeted marketing purposes. The following is a list of the third parties we share data with, why, and how you can opt-out (if applicable).
Shopify powers our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your data here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
Google Analytics allows us to understand how users interact with the site. This helps inform future design changes to improve user experience. We share your browsing and technical data. You can read about how Google uses your information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use Facebook Advertising to provide targeted marketing to users who have visited our site.
You can read more about how Facebook uses your information here: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/update
You can also opt out of Facebook targeted advertising here: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small file that is downloaded onto your computer when you visit a website. It allows us to recognize and tailor our site to you and it won’t harm your computer.
Opting out of Cookies
If you prefer, you can restrict, block or delete cookies by changing your browser settings but that means that you won’t be able to add and buy products from our store. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.